Maybe it’s your mom. Maybe it’s your coworker. Maybe it’s you. No matter who it is, chances are good that you know someone who’s done (and can’t stop talking about) Whole30, the 30-day nutrition reset that can help identify food sensitivities, create healthier habits, and just help people feel better through physical, emotional, and mental improvements. Now, you can do Whole30 with the Ness Card1—because it’s the official card of Whole30.
“I was one of the first Ness Cardmembers, and an early investor in the company. My community and I work hard to create healthy habits, and Ness supports our health and wellness-focused lifestyles,” says Melissa Urban, founder and CEO of Whole30. “The Ness Card already rewards spending with so many Whole30 Approved brands, which makes it effortless for my community to benefit. With so many different ways to earn and redeem rewards,2 Ness will help even more people discover the life-changing benefits of the Whole30 and keep Cardmembers motivated to continue their healthy habits long after their Whole30 is over.”
Whole30 is a 30-day structured elimination program recognized by many dietitians and medical professionals as the gold standard to identify food sensitivities. Focused on Non-Scale Victories (NSVs) rather than weight loss, the Whole30 offers life-changing physical, emotional, and mental improvements.
The Whole30 was created in 2009 by co-founder and CEO Melissa Urban, a six-time New York Times best-selling author who has reshaped the health and wellness industry and created a fully integrated ethos to support the Whole30 community and beyond. The Whole30 Approved® trademark is licensed to more than 140 innovative health and lifestyle brands for its endorsement of strength, community recognition, and persuasive purchasing power.
What’s The Ness Card?
Ness is the next greatest credit card company on a mission to redefine the meaning of wellness and make living well more rewarding. Literally. In other words, it’s the first premium, points-based, health and wellness credit card for $3493 a year. Offering points on healthy spending and activities and benefits4 from some of the industry’s top brands, Cardmembers are rewarded for doing the right things with more of the right things including products, services, experiences, and even health experts. The Ness Card is the first of many credit cards to come as part of an ambitious vision to build a world where everyone can live well.
“I’ve been an enormous fan and champion of Whole30 since Melissa and I partnered together at my first company, Greatist, years ago. Whole30 and Ness have the same shared mission, to help everyone live happier and healthier lives,” says Derek Flanzraich, founder and CEO of Ness. “I am thrilled to be working together again to turn that vision into reality. The more Ness can reward and incentivize Whole30 members for doing healthy things, the more everyone can do well.”
Why Is Ness Partnering With Whole30?
The great thing about Whole30—well, one great thing—is that there’s no single right way to do it. Yes, there are program rules. But as long as you’ve got your whole, non-pancake food, you’ve got countless ways to make your own lifestyle and preferences fit within them. Ness follows the same philosophy by rewarding users with 5x5 points at any healthy merchant (like, say, any place that might sell a Whole30-approved product), recognizing that health comes from lots of different places and in lots of different forms—but no matter what, it should be rewarded.
“Ness’s definition of ‘healthy spending’ is GENEROUS, because they know health is holistic and goes well beyond diet and exercise,” says Urban. “From vitamins stores to virtual therapy, manicures to birth control, groceries to sexual wellness, as long as the business you’re patronizing includes an element of ‘health,’ you’re earning 5x points.”
What Does It Mean That Ness is Whole30’s Official Card?
Here’s what Ness Card and Whole30 members can expect from the partnership:
- 5,000 bonus points when Whole30 members sign up for the Ness Card
- A Whole30 Approved category in Ness’ in-app Marketplace, where Cardmembers can redeem points for Whole30 Approved rewards
- Rewards for healthy spend with 5k bonus points, 5x points on Whole30 approved brands, credits for healthy activity, and more
- The Ness x Whole30 Marketplace in the Ness App—a new way to discover cool brands, products, and experiences
- Support in holistic health and wellness journeys beyond nutrition and diet
Are you excited? We’re excited.
- The Ness Card is issued by The Bank of Missouri, pursuant to a license from Mastercard, and serviced by Ness Well Financial, LLC.
- See our Rewards Program Terms. Rewards terms and partners are subject to change.
- See our Terms & Fees for more details. The Ness Card is type of credit card called a charge card, so there is no APR and your statement balance is due in full each month.
- See Offer & Benefit terms for more details.
- Access to a Ness Card account is subject to credit approval. You must be at least 18 years old (or the age of majority in your state) and reside in the continental US to apply. An approved Ness Card application will result in a hard credit inquiry, which may impact your credit score.