There are a lot of ways to know—and, inevitably, love—Jonathan Van Ness. Queer Eye. His podcast, Getting Curious. His hair care line, JVN. His books. His Instagram posts.
Now, we’ve got a new one: His role as Ness‘ first Chief Self-Care Officer.
“Ness speaks to the core of my own personal mission and I am thrilled to join the team,” he says. “Together, we’re building a platform that empowers people to take control of the most important thing they have, their health and wellness. My mantra has always been: self-care is non-negotiable.”
What’s A Chief Self-Care Officer?
New C-suite career path just dropped. As Chief Self-Care Officer (CSCO?) and an investor, Van Ness is a vital part of Ness’ movement, helping us guide the development of our business strategy and redefining what holistic wellness is—with an emphasis on all things self-care, naturally. He’ll also have a big part in our rewards1 and benefits2 program. That currently includes partnerships with sweetgreen, Parsley Health, Seed Health, HigherDOSE, Exhale Spa, Fyt, Glamsquad, and more… and will soon have a lot more of JVN’s input.
It’s Ness X Ness. Synergy.
And… What’s The Ness Card?
The Ness Card3 is the card that rewards you for being healthy. It’s $3494 a year and offers 5x points on spend at healthy merchants and 2x points back on all other purchases. Ness Cardmembers also receive a $200 credit every year—we call it our Annual Healthy Credit—when they spend $200 on health and wellness products or services.
And, yes, there’s a sign-up bonus. For a limited time, members can earn a 50,000-point bonus after spending $6,000 or more on their Ness Card within the first 90 days ($500 value) and up to 20,000 points per year on healthy activities like working out, mindfulness, and sleeping ($200 value).
Members also have access to premium benefits including up to:
- $360 annual credit at sweetgreen (if you haven’t noticed, we all really like sweetgreen)
- $300 annual credit for Parsley Health–personalized healthcare that finds the root cause of symptoms
- $100 annual credit for probiotic supplements with Seed Health
- $200 annual credit for self-care services at Exhale Spa
- $200 annual credit for personal training with Fyt
- $180 annual credit for in-home beauty services via a Glamsquad membership
- $100 annual credit for inner wellness tech gear at HigherDOSE
- Plus $1,000 in additional benefits from brands like Magic Spoon, SOTO Method, Modern Age, and others
What’s Next for Ness ?
A lot! We’re on a mission to build a world where everyone lives well. This means developing a credit card platform and user experience that makes health and wellness even more rewarding—and, more importantly, accessible.
We think it’s a cool card. But, more importantly, we know it’s a card that does well. We’re so excited to do so much more with our new CSCO.
- 1The Ness Card is issued by The Bank of Missouri, pursuant to a license from Mastercard, and serviced by Ness Well Financial, LLC (NMLS #2406384).
- 2See our Rewards Program Terms for more details.
- 3See our Offer & Benefit Terms for more details.
- 4See our full set of Terms & Fees here. The Ness Card is a type of credit card called a charge card, so there is no APR and the balance is due in full each month.
- 5Access to a Ness Card account is subject to credit approval. You must be at least 18 years old (or the age of majority in your state) and reside in the continental US to apply. An approved Ness Card application will result in a hard credit inquiry, which may impact your credit score.